So Friday and Saturday brought more snow to Kentucky than the state had seen in a decade! We actually had somewhere between 7-8 inches of snow. Clay even had to break out the snow blower. We all had a lot of fun in the snow. We sled down our hill. Caylor and Brodie even tried a little redneck style snowboarding, and were very impressive. Houston and Eden enjoyed making snow angels. After a little more than an hour out in the snow Eden had, had enough snow. She is ready for the 60 degree weather we had on Thursday to return. Our Tulips had grown about two or three inches above the ground on Thursday, hopefully they will survive the snow!
Although the main roads were dry and pretty clear for the most part many store's did not bother to open on Saturday. It was kind of annoying, but funny to drive around town Saturday (even though all the news said to stay home and not go anywhere). We were behind a few different cars driving about 20 miles per hour on roads that were dry and had a speed limit of 55 mph (many people took the advice and the roads were less busy than normal). I guess if you see snow on the side of the dry road you should slow down in Kentucky.
Church services were cancelled all over Kentucky, but luckily for us we go to one of the Mormon Churches, and our services were not cancelled. Although some people claimed they were snowed in and could not get out of there driveways (I guess they haven't heard of a snow shovel). All the news said to be very careful if you shovel to make sure you don't over do it, maybe we should of listened and we could have claimed we were snowed in too.
4 comments:
Wow, you really got some snow this time!! I'm impressed. You were probably the only ones who owned a snowblower. Looks like the kids had lots of fun, too. I love your pictures. Bill isn't feeling very well today. But I guess that's to be expected. We love you guys. Enjoy the snow. You probably won't be in Kentucky in 10 years when the next snow storm hits.
Wow, now it probably feels a little more like home(Utah). It looks like you all had a great time in the snow. It is crazy how this year has been record breaking here as well with all of the snow we have gotten. I am glad you all had fun, and we love the pics.
Finally I am back home, but then again I only spent three days in the hospital. Generally I tried to sleep through most of it which was tough in the crummy bed. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Love you guys and miss you tons. Grandpa Bill
Looks like fun! We had so much fun in the snow this year...All of our snow is melting though :( I love seeing pictures of you guys! I can't believe how big all of the kids are getting. Tell them we love and miss them!
Post a Comment