Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Pinewood Derby

Houston loves to be silly in pictures these days. Eden Houston and their friend Parker
This is Brodie Caylor and their friend Brenden.
Caylor was so excited to win a first place trophy.

Tonight was the Pinewood Derby the children all had a lot of fun. Caylor was very disappointed that his car took third place the three times it raced. However, he had a lot of fun when they handed him the First place trophy for best design. Winning the trophy made his night and he went to bed so happy. Caylor's car was named Blue Thunder, (he painted it Aggie colors and knows that is why it won best design). Brodie's car took third one time and second two times. One race had both Caylor's and Brodie's cars in it (Brodie took second and Caylor's was third). Brodie's car was named the Green Machine, and was an army Hummer with an army man and an American flag. Although Brodie did not come home with a trophy he was a very good sport, and is planning ahead for next years derby. He already has his design picked out (Dukes of Hazard). They both think Dad needs to do some research on the car design so they can take first place. No pressure.

Houston and Eden had a lot of fun running around the church with their friends, Houston wanted to race a car too. In our ward they have a race for anyone (usually family members that are girls or not of scout age)I guess next year Clay will have to build three cars.

3 comments:

Bill and Joan said...

Hey, congratulations Caylor and Brodie. Your cars look great! I love the pictures. I'm glad Houston and Eden had fun, too. Sorry we couldn't be there. We'd bring lots of luck, ha ha!Looking forward to seeing you guys in June.

Brian and Amber said...

That looks like a lot of fun!! I love when you post pictures...I can't believe how big they are all getting! Tell them all Brian and I say hi and that we miss them!!
Love you guys!

Troy and Heather said...

It looks like they all had fun at the derby. I agree with Amber, they are all getting so big. It is just amazing how fast they grow.