Friday, April 18, 2008

What was that shaking?

So I spend my whole life in Utah, even attending a school built on top of a fault line and never felt the least bit of a shake in my life. We move to Kentucky I experience real severe thunderstorms, tornado weather, and my first earthquake. The earthquake was actually in Indiana about 130-150 miles away from Georgetown. It registered at a 5.4.
At about 5:30 this morning our whole bed stated to shake. I thought it was a bit odd, but I had left the window open, and being awakened from my beauty sleep thought the shaking bed and the sound of the blinds shaking was actually a big gust of window. I thought it was weird that there was no sign of tornado like weather, and it all stopped. I was tired so I went back to sleep and didn't think much of.
When Clay got up he asked me if I felt it he said it felt like an earthquake. I said no I think it was just the wind.
When Clay got to work he called to let me know I was wrong and that it was an earthquake. Caylor claims to have felt the earthquake this morning too. I just figured I spent my whole life in Utah waiting for the big one and nothing has happened, who would have guessed my first experience with a real earthquake would have been in Kentucky.
Hopefully, I will add some pictures and updates this weekend.

2 comments:

Bill and Joan said...

Lets just hope you never experience another earthquake! I hope none of us do. But it is amazing that Kentucky would be the place after all the scares we've had about Utah being overdue for the "Big One." Can't wait to see your new updates. We always love pictures.

Troy and Heather said...

That is just crazy. Gosh, I wonder what is next for you guys in the weather department. I hope nothing was damaged and all is well. We miss you all.