To make life in Kentucky, fun and exciting like June was in Utah, I crumbled and gave the kids what they wanted.
I finally gave into Clay and the children. They have been begging for a dog for years. I always said when we had a fence, which never seems to happen because we move so much. Clay thinks all kids should have a dog, and between him and the kids I knew it would happen sooner than later. I loved our dog Brandi that we had, she was a lot of fun, and we've missed her. I just didn't think a dog was worth the extra work (is four kids not enough?). I knew since we live in Kentucky we would have to have an indoor dog (because you are an animal abuser if you leave a dog in a fenced yard). I really did not want dog hair all over the house, so after much research I decided a mini (F1B) goldendoodle was the perfect dog for us. This would give us a Golden Retriever temperament(which we all love), and a smaller dog that would not shed (a little less work sounds better to me). So after deciding this was the dog I checked out prices, they all ranged between $1500-$2000 (some even more). Needless to say we were not spending that much on a dog, but this designer dog really was perfect for us.
So I did some more research, and learned how to get a great dog, at a fraction of the cost. We are the guardian of the dog until she has four litters then she is turned over completely to us. In two years I'll see what I really got us into.
We went to the farm about two weeks ago to see the two puppies we had to pick from. We picked and the kids have been so excited asking about her the ever since. She is an early birthday present for Eden, since her birthday is just around the corner. She is such a spoiled girl between Houston and Eden the kids seemed to get what they want.
We thought we had a name picked out, but it has changed. We did finally all agree on a name. Eden, and everyone else really liked Daisy, so Daisy she is.
This is our little baby Daisy. She is pretty mellow, and doesn't chew on everything like the Golden Retriever puppies, hopefully it will stay this way. We will keep you all posted
I have to say Brodie was pretty good when I woke him up in the middle of the night to take the dog out. He was happy to have a puppy and play with her without anyone else crying that they wanted to hold her too.
Girls Trip
2 months ago

2 comments:
Oh the joy of dogs! I do love ours, but it can be rough at times! Good Luck. She is a cutie!
We all love your little dog, Daisey! She is sooooo cute. You guys will always remember this fun summer. I bet even YOU love that little puppy. Have fun training her. She is adorable. Love ya, Mom & Bill
Post a Comment