I am not a winter person at all, however at this time of year for only about a week I find myself dreaming of a white Christmas just like the ones I used to know. So today when we woke up to less than an inch of snow it was kind of fun. Houston and Eden were so excited to play in the snow. I found myself thinking you can't play in that there is not enough snow, and then remembering my first winter here in Kentucky laughing as children sled down a hill of grass (thinking it was snow because you could see some white stuff and there was a little snow flurry coming down). Any how I realized my poor youngest children would not experience a real snow this year so I was not going to take away from there excitement, and even if I had wanted to try I couldn't. This is because Houston was out in the snow by 8:45 this morning about 10 minutes after he woke up. Eden was wanting to go outside, but like most days she prefers summer clothes and sandals, she claims she is never cold and doesn't need a coat or jacket, and so the struggle to get her dressed had began. I was trying to convince her to wear long pants, not a dress to play in the snow when I realized I had not heard a sound from Houston for a little bit. I looked for him in the house quickly, then opened the door to see his, "paw prints" as he puts it. I yelled for him and there he was throwing snowballs outside by himself. He had on a hoody, sweatpants that did not match, red gloves, and his crocks without socks. I insisted that he come in and put on socks, boots, warmer gloves and a coat. He then insisted that he was not cold at all not even his feet, but he did come in to put a few layers on. The three of us(because I don't feel safe letting my younger two play outside without supervision otherwise I would have stayed inside) then went out in the snow for about an hour, and yes it was Mom who had had, enough(really there was not enough snow to play in for even an hour). Houston managed to slide down the hill of grass and have a good time, each time he would get to the bottom of the hill he would run back up and have to slide down a new spot because the spot he slid down previously left a trail of grass.
Girls Trip
2 weeks ago

3 comments:
Cute pictures. When I first saw the pictures I was wondering why Houston was dressed like that but now I know. I miss you and your family. I am sure that whenever we have kids they will be curious about the snow too.
I'm glad you guys got to have so much fun in the snow. I'm sure if you came to our house we'd get more snow for them to play in. Every year you come for Christmas, we get lots of snow. We love and miss you guys. Merry White Christmas!!!
That is awesome that you got a little snow before Christmas. That is too funny how Houston went outside and that Eden says she is never cold. Brax was like that for awhile until it got to be like 0 degrees outside, and then he decided he should wear pants outside.
Post a Comment