Sunday, February 10, 2008

18 Tornado's in Kentucky in one day!

There were 18 tornado's in Kentucky last Tuesday night. We survived and not one shingle is missing from our home. The storm lasted for several hours. The counties east and north of us were hit with tornados. In Georgetown the garbage was thrown around and a new hotel (almost finished) was struck by lightning leaving only the elevator towers behind. We stayed in our unfinished basement. Thankfully we have a basement, but the need to have a room finished has increased drastically (especially since it is not even tornado season yet). The boys went to school the next morning very tired. I couldn't help but feel sorry for their teachers. Caylors class was missing 8 students. Needless to say in redneck country they found a reason to cancel school for Thursday and Friday. School was canceled due to the flu going around. Twenty-two inches of snow in a day all of a sudden doesn't seem so bad.



The picture are of the kids at The Blue and Gold Banquet the kids all had fun.

3 comments:

Bill and Joan said...

I agree, Lisa, our snow isn't so bad. However, we did lose our awning from the weight of all the snow. I vote for you guys finishing your safe room for future tornadoes. We love you and remind Brodie that we really are praying for your guys out there. I loved the Banquet pictures. It's fun to see what's going on with you guys!

Brian and Amber said...

Good thing you guys have a basement! Tornadoes are so scary. We miss you guys, love you!

Troy and Heather said...

Wow, that really sounds scary. I am glad you are all fine. The pictures are really cute.