Thursday, February 21, 2008

No School Again!!!

Today at 10:10 I received a phone call from Brodie's teacher letting me know that they were being dismissed at 10:30. I had called the school at 9:00 to see if there would be an early dismissal, because the high school and middle schools in our county were on early dismissal. However, when I called the school was not scheduled to be dismissed early. So after the phone call from Brodie's teacher, Eden and I went to pick-up the boys. When we went to load the boys in the car there was no Houston. I asked where my pre-school child was, and they told me he must have gotten on the bus with his teacher. He never rides the bus and neither does his teacher, so I thought it was weird, but getting out of school this early when the storm is not in sight seems a little odd too. They told me to pull back around, and basically get out of the way so other parents could pick up their kids, they then got on the walkie talkie to try to locate Houston. I waited in the line again, but this time Houston came out of the school the teacher's aid had him all along, she had seen us pull away, and was a bit worried that we were leaving without him (which we would never do). Everyone was relieved to see Houston (I'm sure he would have loved a bus ride). Caylor was upset because he had told his teacher he wanted to go get his baby brother, but she would not let him and said Houston's teacher would make sure he came out.

In the last three weeks the kids have missed 5 days of school (including today), and if an ice storm really does hit our county later this afternoon like predicted I will be shocked and amazed if they go to school tomorrow.

4 comments:

Bill and Joan said...

Wow! I guess that's why your kids go to school so long in June and start school in August. Thank goodness you found Houston!! I guess there's never a dull moment for you. We miss you guys. Love ya, Mom

Megan said...

Sounds like you have been having some fun weather times! You should just move back!

Brian and Amber said...

Holy cow! That is a lot of days off from school! So do they have to go longer in the summer?
We miss you guys!

Troy and Heather said...

Wow, that is just scary. I am glad Houston showed up. So, has there been an ice storm yet? I hope you all stay safe. We miss you guys and are glad all is well. We hope we get to see you this summer.