Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice, Ice, baby!









So last night and today there was an ice storm that hit our area. So of course school was cancelled yet again. I don't think the kids will be going to school this week.

When we went outside this morning it sounded like fire crackers, as the tree branches were cracking. The kids wanted to go out and play in the snow, but they quickly found out that there was a layer of ice ontop of the snow. They managed to still have fun. Needless to say the kids have enjoyed lots of hot chocolate, and cinnamon rolls this week.

11 comments:

Bill and Joan said...

What in the heck is an icicle??? You guys will be going to school all summer!

Megan said...

Are they going to bed able to move up a grade this year!!! Looks like fun though!

Kris & Christina said...

Hey Lisa,
Cute pictures in the snow. I want to see you playing in the snow too.

Arien said...

Can you believe all this weather! Hope you guys are doing well in the snow and ice!

Clay and Lisa said...

Christi, someone has to take the pictures, and that someone is me. Maybe some other time I will be in pictures. Don't worry I played on the snow covered in ice.

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe that you get so many more snow days than here in UT. Once, when I was at USU they cancelled classes because of the snow, and once they cancelled due to wind chill. And since I started teaching, we've only had 2 snow days in 18 years.
When Clay, Jared and I were pretty little, Dad used to pull the sled behind the horse -- I had forgotten how much fun sledding is until I saw your pictures.

Troy and Heather said...

Wow, now I think that the ice storn might be a better reason to cancel school. It looks like the kids enjoyed it. Cute pictures.

Bill and Joan said...

Tell Caylor I couldn't leave him a message cause there weren't any blogs or pictures to leave comments on. What happened?? Love you guys! Grandma

Livingston clan said...

wow, that is crazy I've heard of ice storms but never knew anyone whos had one, lucky for your kids..no school!!

Bill and Joan said...

We miss you guys. How are the plans for the Disney Cruise going?? Post us some pictures. We love you.

Warnick Family said...

wow i would freeze to death!!! I have to say i love the warm weather here in st.george, but snow is so fun for the kids!!! looks like they had a blast!