Thursday, September 25, 2008

12 years


I must remind you all I was married very young, and I am really not that old, but we have been married for 12 years today. Every year as I reflect on the past I am amazed at how much more I love Clay. He still will drive me completely crazy at times, but my love for him continues to grow. I love to watch him interact with our kids, they love him a lot too. He is such a dedicated, hard working person, and I love the sacrifices he makes for our family. He truly wants us happy. Looking back at the last twelve years we have moved quite a bit, but the one thing that stays constant is the love I have for him. I truly enjoy the time we spend together, usually he only drives me crazy when he is not around much, I guess I really do need him. I look forward to seeing where we will be in another twelve years from now.

There is a quote by Spencer W. Kimball that I like. “While marriage is difficult, and discordant and frustrated marriages are common, yet real, lasting happiness is possible, and marriage can be more an exultant ecstasy than the human mind can conceive. Sharing and sacrificing two individuals approaching the marriage altar must realize that to attain the happy marriage, which they hope for they must know that marriage is not a legal coverall, but it means sacrifice, sharing, and even a reduction of some personal liberties."

No one has ever said marriage is easy, but it is so wonderful to know I always have my best friend to talk to, who is there for me whenever I really need him.

Happy Anniversary I love you Clay!!!

I wonder if Clay will even read this post if I don't tell him to?

6 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

Wow - 12 years! Congratulations. You've been married longer than us!

Kris & Christina said...

I love to see your wedding pictures

Bill and Joan said...

Happy Anniversary! Love your pictures. You guys were and still are a darling couple! See you soon! Love, Mom

Brian and Amber said...

Happy Anniversary!! I loved your slideshow...very fun to watch. Congrats on 12 years!!

Arien said...

I didn't know you guys had been married for 12 years.....WOW! You guys have such a cute family!

Kristi said...

I loved seeing all those photos! Congrats Lisa! Ryan and I celebrated our 12th Anniversary on the 6th. Wow that makes me feel old...oh wait...I am old.