Friday, November 7, 2008

My Life as a Rock Star

Oh, wait that didn't happen. I can't say that I ever wanted to be a rock star, don't get me wrong it would have been fun and exciting, I love to jam out, but I can't carry a tune even if my life depended on it. I always wanted to be the big boss and tell everyone what to do, and have them do it. Oh yea, I also wanted to be a Mom one day. LUCKY for me dreams do come true! Now I am the head boss of the house (that's what I tell myself). Except I use to think people would listen to me (the dang dog even runs away, and hides under the bed every time I go to brush her or clean her ears).

So my days now consist of figuring out what everyone is going to consume for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner, along with cleaning up after all of those messes. I also have the privilege of ensuring everyone has clean clothes, towels, underwear, and what ever else needs laundering, and making sure it is all put away so they all know where to find it. I am also a referee,I did not know that I would have to deal with tackle football occasionally (except the football is usually missing during tackles, can't boys just find a way to talk through things). I never in my life wanted to be a maid, but here I am cleaning toilet, after toilet, after toilet, after toilet, over and over again day in and day out, wondering how I got to this point. Cleaning the toothpaste off the mirror, sink, and wherever else my ten and four year old got it. Cleaning up play-doh crumbs because although I hate that mess I know how much my cute little children love it.

Then I realize how lucky, and thankful I am for all I have. I have a man, who loves me, (well at least I think he does), he has a job and works hard for our family so I can do all of this, and even talk to my sister during the day without four cute interruptions(talking to my only sister, makes my day even brighter). I am so lucky to have four beautiful, healthy children (a girly,girl included)even though at times they push me to the limits of sanity, I am thankful that I have stayed sane, or at least I think I have stayed sane maybe someone else would disagree with me. The toilet cleaning is something I would rather not do (except I hate dirty toilets),and I am thankful that I am able to clean the toilets, this gives me time to think, reflect, and realize how incredibly blessed and thankful I am to be right here where I am.

I am so grateful that I am the one my children see when they get off the school bus. I am thankful to be a tutor to my children each day after school, (although it may take way longer than necessary on some days), but I love seeing my children learn, and it also reminds me how thankful I am for the education I have received. Iam thankful for this wonderful country, where I have freedom to believe as I want. I have a Father in Heaven, who loves me and blesses me. He has given his children a prophet to lead and guide us, and give us direction. I am thankful that I was raised with the gospel of Jesus Christ. WOW, I am truly blessed, and one of the luckiest girls, and all of this relization from the time spent reflecting as I cleaned the toilet. Oh yea, and I am also very excited and grateful to see that Utah defeated TCU, there is still an undefeated team in Utah.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Wow...deap thoughts and all while cleaning the toilet! By the way...I know your birthday already happened or is going to. I want to say the 6th? Anyway Happy Birthday!

Troy and Heather said...

Ya, it is amazing what cleaning toilets, doing laundry, and cleaning up play-doh can do to ya. A lot of times I really forget how blessed I am. Thanks for reminding me.

Kristi said...

Neat post. I need to appreciate the important things in life more. We all have wonderful things to be grateful for...it's just a matter of acknowledging them.