Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We have returned!

We had a fabulous white Christmas again this year!! No, Kentucky did not have snow for Christmas, but we did because we went home for Christmas. Clay's Grandmother passed away at age 97, she would have been 98 in February. So we bought our plane tickets on Tuesday night and left first thing Thursday morning (Dec. 18). It was actually a lot of fun to fly with all the kids. The night before we left the kids all got to open one Christmas present (it was the biggest or heaviest present they were getting). Eden received a Barbie Jet Plane, which was a favorite for Houston too. It was kind of ironic, since the next morning we were leaving on a plane, however it was purchased much earlier than the plane tickets.

The pilot took the kids to the cock pit and even let Houston pretend to drive, and push a few buttons. They all thought that was great. Houston and Eden thought it was great that they were given pretzels on the plane, and Caylor and Brodie felt special because they got extra soda from the flight attendants.

We made it to Utah along with all the snow. I actually loved all the snow too! Normally, I prefer warmer weather, but this time I did not mind it one bit (I can love the snow for a week). The snow is so beautiful, I don't think I've ever realized how beautiful the snowfall is. I even enjoyed driving through Sardine Canyon with a major snowstorm. I forgot how wonderful it felt to arrive at your destination after driving through the storm. It was fun to see the kids all have so much fun in the snow. Shoveling was even fun, especially knowing we did not have to shovel day after day after day for the winter.

Clay and I were able to go shopping a few days in a row without any children (it was so much fun), even if I hadn't be the beneficiary from all the shopping trips, I still would have had so much fun enjoying my time with my wonderful husband, who I love so much. He truly makes me happy.

One of my highlights from our trip was the time the two of us spent together at the Spoken Word the Sunday before Christmas. At Christmas time it is held at the Conference Center, which was decorated so beautifully. The spirit was so strong there. Right, before it was officially to begin they announced President Thomas S. Monson was on his way in. I thought the spirit was strong before, it is amazing what a Prophet of God does to a room. This is the closest I have ever been to a Prophet, he was only about 15 feet from us, and we could see the back of his head through out the performance. After the Spoken Word Clay and I walked around Temple Square. I enjoyed it so much, and don't even remember freezing amazing considering I was in a dress).

I was also very excited that we were in Utah for the Bingham family Christmas party. I love getting together with family (which doesn't happen in KY). I was able to visit with my Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles and cousins. My kids also had fun being around other children, and Santa always makes an appearance at the party too.

The kids loved being with family, and wanted to stay in Utah. When Clay told Houston he had to go back to work in Kentucky, Houston told him to just use his computer in Utah (he knows dad can just use his computer to work). We all would have loved to stay longer, and wish we had had time to visit with our friends as well as family. I guess we will just have to return this summer.

Caylor doesn't want any more fast food. After spending an extra six hours in the Chicago airport, and eating fast food that was enough. Caylor was sick before we left with an ear infection, and after we returned he managed to get the flu. He blames his sickness on Kentucky. I am just grateful he was not sick while we were in Utah or on the flights.

When we returned to Kentucky we no longer had need for our heavy coats the temperature was in the 70's (hope it doesn't drop to fast or we will have tornado conditions, aghh). Sorry this was such a long post, but I had over a week to put in, and I did leave out a lot.

7 comments:

Kris & Christina said...

Hey Lisa,
Your pictures are so cute. I love reading about your family. I am glad Caylor and Brodie got extra soda and Houston could sit in the pilot seat. I miss you!!!

Bill and Joan said...

Loved the pictures and reading your blog. We're so glad you guys came out for Christmas, even though it was a funeral that got you here. Glad you're warm again. Love ya, Mom

Megan said...

I can't believe we missed you! We are going to plan a get together with the "girls" and I was going to check to see when you were coming out again! So I am sure it won't be anytime soon. Let me know next time so we can plan a girl reunion!

Kris & Christina said...

Hello to the Hunsaker Family,
We have updated our blog with 4 more slideshows. I hope you enjoy!!! We will update again in a few months after we have new photos!!! I like your Gordon B. Hinckley quote.

The Waldrons said...

It sounds like you had a great time here. When are you coming back to visit? We all need to get together and play some bunko :)

Livingston clan said...

I am glad you made it back safe and sound!! Have a happy new year.

Troy and Heather said...

Long posts aren't a bad thing. It is always fun to read about your adventures. It sounds like you guys had a great time. I am glad it all worked out like it did, even though there was a funeral involved. Sorry we weren't able to come out as well. Maybe, next year. Happy New Year, miss you guys.