Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools!





So tonight for dinner the kids had cupcakes, which were really meatloaf with mashed potatoes for the frosting. For dessert it was pizza that was really a cake. As always the kids came home wonder what was for dinner. I pointed to the pizza (cake) and said pizza. Brodie was not buying that, so I pointed to the pretty green and blue cupcakes and told him pizza and cupcakes. Brodie let me know he needed more than just cake, cupcakes, and rolls (yes there was normal rolls and corn) for dinner. He was quite frustrated with my dinner plans when I stuck the cupcakes in the oven. He continued to let me know he needed more for dinner. It wasn't until the cupcakes were out of the oven that he realized that they smelled a little different than normal cupcakes. He really turned his sniffer on and determined that it was mashed potatoes the meatloaf was the surprise he had inside.

Houston on the other hand did not care what else was for dinner as long as he had his rolls. I told him he could have as many rolls as cupcakes he counted twelve rolls and said he was going to have twelve cupcakes. Well dinner started of course Houston had already put a roll on his plate, and had a few bites gone from it as well when he was reminded he would have to eat his cupcake. He laughed and with a big smile took a bite of his cupcake. He got a disgusted look on his face, started to gag then smiled again, swallowed what was in his mouth, gave the thumbs up, and said it was good. Needless to say he didn't eat any more of his cupcake. I think he was 100 percent fooled. Thinking he was going to have a nice bite of pure sweetness from the frosting.

3 comments:

Kris & Christina said...

I love the April Fools Day Surprises. It does look good. I think Houston and I currently have the same cravings and aversions.

Bill and Joan said...

What a fun April Fools! You are such a clever mom! Your kids are so lucky to have you!! So am I! You are a great mom. We miss you and love you very much!

Troy and Heather said...

I love your ideas. I have seen the meat loaf mashed potatoe cupcake idea. It is a great idea. I am such a great mom, I didn't even do anything for April Fool's. I need to get on the ball.