Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Vacation



We had a great vacation, it was so nice to get away. It was great the kids didn't know we were going anywhere until the Sunday before we left, but they had no idea where we were going. They thought we were just going somewhere in Kentucky. It was very entertaining to hear their conversations on the way. I was quite shocked that they never guessed Disney World considering the fact that it is tradition in our family to celebrate the 5th birthday of each child with a special Mouse. The didn't even know we were in Florida until we were about an hour from Orlando, I thought for sure the Disney billboards would have given it away, but they were clueless until we drove under the Welcome to Walt Disney World Archway.

As if that wasn't enough we sent them to the wrong room to bring their luggage, and when they got in there someone had already unpacked their things. They were in even more shock when they saw their grandparents.

That night we had a birthday cake to start the week long celebration of Eden's birthday.

2 comments:

Kris & Christina said...

I love the pictures. Does each cake represent how many birthdays Eden's has had? If it does I think she is almost as 16 birthdays and she is going to have a better ride than me.

Bill and Joan said...

Yea! You updated. Love all the pictures and most of all, the memories. Love you.