Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Fun!




I was hoping to have some big plans for Labor Day, but it did not turn out that way Clay had to work all weekend. After Clay came home from work on Monday, we had a fun evening with the kids! First, we took them to Chick fil a for dinner, where everyone who had their favorite team logo on got a free chicken sandwich, of course we added fries and a drink for the kids (we're not that cheap). We then went on to Krispy Kreme (doughnut world to Houston) to get the kids a fresh warm doughnut. All the kids love to watch the doughnuts being made, we don't make it there very often because it is about 45 minutes from our house so it is special when we do. The kids were excited to try the football doughnut, even Eden had to have one. We then went on to the new Kroger Marketplace to make our own peanut butter, honey roasted peanut butter, almond butter, and cashew butter. Then it was time to come home and get washed up and sent to bed.

3 comments:

Brian and Amber said...

what a fun day! Wish I was there!

The Clayburn Family said...

Looks like fun! We went to chick fil a too. It was cheaper than usual, but the fries and drinks still added up!!

Bill and Joan said...

Yummy, I love Krispy creme, they are my favorites and i love your pink boots Edie. I miss ya'll. love, gpb