The old green truck that Clay drove around for about nine years was sold this past weekend. This truck was Clay's Grandpa Hunsaker's 1969 Ford Ranger truck that we were fortunate to have during our first few years of marriage. I believe it only had 56,000 miles on it when we picked it up in 1996. I don't think I have as many memories in any other vehicle as I do this truck (maybe because we have never keep anything half as long as this truck). I remember Clay haulling the little boys around in the green truck. Caylor and Brodie always prefered the old green truck to the newer air conditioned vehicles we had. If Dad was going somewhere in the truck they wanted to go with him. i also remember picking Clay up at the dump where it broke down on him, and then me getting in the truck to be towed behind him in my expedition (that was my car for a short while). We made it all the way back to Syracuse safely, and as we turned around the corner the chain got caught around the tire and the old truck came really close to taking out my expedition. We must have been watched over that day because I still don't know how we made it home. I know I was praying the whole way to make it safely ( I'd never been towed before and I was so nervous the entire time). However, I only have fond memories of the old truck. I have never been sad to see a vehicle go like I was the old green truck.
Girls Trip
1 week ago

3 comments:
I remember the old green truck too. However, I only got to see it from the outside. You never gave me a ride in it.
That is sad. You should have kept it for Brodie and Caylor to drive:)
Where did you get Houston's shirt about him being a fugitive?
Post a Comment